Tuesday 26 March 2013

Week 2: Creetown Flags (part 2)



Creetown Communications

As I walked the length of Harbour Street the other day, I noticed that the houses on both sides have very deep windowsills, which are being used to display ornaments and objects of personal significance to the houses occupants.

A local resident later told me that many of these houses used to be shops – and that the sills - must have been used to display products at one time.

Display - put (something) in a prominent place in order that it may readily be seen: a collection of objects arranged for public viewing....

I want to ask permission from residents before photographing these window sills – but as I walked along - I saw various animals and birds, a motor-car, vases of flowers, two bronze coloured hearts and two angels. In other windows around the village, I noticed ‘marine-life’ inspired net curtains, a hare........and a horse pulling a stage-coach. 








No comments:

Post a Comment